Doggy Escape Room
OPENING SATURDAY, JANUARY 20TH
We are thrilled to announce our collaboration with DOGS ALL DAY's new Doggy Escape Room!
This Doggy Escape Room themed adventure offers a 30 minute, digitally guided experience for you and your dog in a private space.
Why Visit the Doggy Escape Room?
Our canine enrichment activity room gives dogs freedom to engage with a novel environment freely and make their own choices in a safe and controlled space. The dog can take their time gather information from their environment at their own pace with support and guidence from thier handler.
Together, dogs and their humans can discover their natural strengths and abilities through fun, game-based learning and enrichment activities. Be ready to strengthen your bond with your furry companion as you both experience this pressure-free learning environment!
Various types of enrichment can be used to stimulate dogs physically and mentally. There are 6 main 'types' of Canine Enrichment and the Puppy Escape Room has at least one station for each of the six areas.
- Social enrichment- providing opportunities for social growth
- Cognitive Enrichment- the opportunity for thinking and problem solving
- Physical Enrichment- moving their bodies and strengthening fine or gross motor skills
- Sensory Enrichment- stimulating one or more of your pets five senses. (Touch, taste, sound, smell, or sight)
- Feeding Enrichment- stimulating ways to seek and consume food
- Toy Enrichment- using interaction with toys or objects focused on play
Learn and play in a controlled, private, safe space with your dog. Consider the following goals when planning your trip:
- Desensitize your dog to unfamiliar stimuli
- Learn new skills or proof existing skills
- Strengthen your relationship with your dog
- Give your dog new experiences
- Work on socialization
- Solve puzzles
- Build your dog’s confidence
- Help build your dog's impulse control
Each station has three levels of difficulty. Complete levels 1-3 on your first visit or feel free to keep going back to level up each visit. Make sure to work within your dog's limits and keep your dog happy and having fun.
How Does it Work?
- Book your private, self-serve canine enrichment experience online through the Dogs All Day webpage.
- Show up to 3765 Loggers Way, Unit 107, Kinburn, Ontario on time with your dog on-leash and a bag of his favourite treats or kibble.
- Follow the signs to the entrance (this will vary based on the time of day you have schedled you session.) If you have a highly reactive dog and wish to use a private entrence, please contact the team at Dogs All Day to get instructions. 613-878-4233
- Once inside the Escape Room Space, you may take off your dog's gear and allow them to be free.
- Follow the safety rules and move through the enrichment stations follow the posted instructions. Don't forget to track your progress on the provided achievement tracker handout.
- Take a celebratory selfie and post about your awesome dog on social media! Don't forget to tag @dogsallday.kinburn & @petinteldogs #doggyescaperoom
- Feel free to leave an encouraging message on the chalk board for the next adventurer.
Track Your Progress!!
How to Make Sure it's a Good Time
Before attending an enrichment adventure with your dog, make sure you are both up to the activity. Even though your Doggy Escape Room session is only 30 mins, you will be out adventuring much longer in order to get to your destination and back home again. Try to make sure your dog is well rested and ready for a meal when you arrive. You can bring your dog's kibble mixed with treats or buy some new treats when you arrive. Take your time navigating your way to the entrance. If you have a puppy, bring a sling or be prepared to carry them into the space. Dress for the weather so you are both comfortable. Your adventure starts as soon as you leave your front door. Keep a close eye on your dog and take in the sights and sounds together even while on route.